The Samsung Z1 is the first mobile phone with Tizen OS - and directly a dual SIM phone. Source: hi-tech.mail.ru
The Samsung Z1 is Samsung's first smartphone with Tizen operating system that the manufacturer - together with others - has developed as an alternative to Android. Until now, Tizen place at Samsung only on gadgets, namely the current Sasmung Gear Generation. With the Samsung Z1 it will premiere directly on a dual SIM phone .
Publication date: 18.1. in India, in February in China
After the release was initially announced for November, now a new date has been found: on 18.1. it should be first available in India. A few weeks later the sales launch in China is then allegedly provided - from there could be an import then be more likely, as there are always more online providers for "exotic" China phones are. Interesting aside: in Korea itself, the manufacturer's home market, will come later in the first half on the market, the Z1.
Very reasonable price
To gain a foothold in India, Samsung relies on a very reasonable price in the (converted) two-figure euro range - but slims the hardware significantly. A bit similar to the also mostly in the low budget segment settled Firefox phones .
- Screen: With a 4-inch display, the Z1 already placed size technically well below the flagship team that plays more in the 5-inch class. For the relatively small area, the resolution of 800 x 400 is just fine.
- Processor: When motor acts a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, which can operate at 768 MB RAM - both at the bottom of the equipment of current dual-SIM devices. The same applies to the 4 GB only internal memory. An expansion via microSD card is possible.
- Cameras: For photos is a simple 3-megapixel camera - but with LED flash - and for selfies and chats a 0.3 megapixel camera. The respective rather poorly met well the particular purpose. For details would clarify a test.
- Connections : For mobile Internet 3G is available - if it is only on SIM1 or both cards are available, was not so far out. For local surfing at home or at a hotspot you can access WLAN standards b / g / n, the faster a / c standard is not supported. Bluetooth 4.0 is also on board aGPS, also to navigate.
- Duration: The battery capacity of 1500 mAh does not sound bad, because for rather little power-hungry hardware is expected approximately one day period of operation to be covered. For more information as well as have not yet been found.
A spectacular start in a mobile world would probably be different: The Z1 visually gives the impression of a more typical Samsung entry-level smartphones. Anyway, if one can believe the leaked photos. A rather thick housing with relatively wide frame around the display, although the body seems to be made of plastic.
Also, the typical physical button below the screen and the two contact surfaces to the left ( "Menu") and right ( "Back") are next available as usual by the manufacturer including the new dual SIM Tizen phone.
Alternatives for the Samsung Z1
Those looking specifically to Tizen OS, must definitely have to wait, because apart from the new Samsung Dual SIM mobile phones is still no other phone with this operating system feature.
- Priced and in terms of "non-Android" is on Windows Phone running Nokia Lumia 630 (Test) for currently about 100 € is an interesting alternative. With 4.5 ", it is also relatively compact, the resolution (854 × 480) is similar to the processing power of 1.2GHz dual-core CPU is similar.
- If there is to be Samsung, which comes with 4.3 inches similarly small, but better equipped and much more expensive Galaxy S4 Duos (test) the Z1 as a top model for 2 SIM cards nor the next. Very compact 3.3 "on the other hand offers the entry model Galaxy Young Duos (Test) , for current less than 100 €.
How reliable are the details?
Still is Leaks or at many points emerging rumors, an official confirmation is still pending. Meanwhile, however, the Z1 sprint onto various platforms photos have been shown - eg on hi-tech.mail.ru.