- Android 4.4
- 4.5 "display, 1280 × 720 pixels, 326 ppi
- HSPA +, UMTS, WLAN
- 1.4GHz quad-core processor
- Buy online from
With the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Duos is now also the smaller version of Samsung's flagship S5 Duos available in a dual SIM variant. The smartphone largely corresponds to the Galaxy S5 mini, but is equipped with a second SIM slot.
Like its predecessor, the Galaxy S4 mini duos , also this is dual-SIM mobile phone is not officially available in Germany, but only available via free importers. In countries such as Russia, Brazil and China, it is on the other hand to have the normal Samsung sales. Meanwhile, most traders the device, however, seem to have taken back from their shelves. Therefore, it may at least temporarily, that any offers - and thus no price - is available.
4.5 inch display
But does indeed "mini" is almost as big as the display on the iPhone 6: The 4.5-inch display of the S5 Mini Duos relies on the usual Samsung Super AMOLED technology and showing rich, color-rich images.
Android 4.4 ( "KitKat") is installed on the S5 Mini Duos. Source: samsung.com
is dissolved in normal HD (1280 x 720 pixels), but what is not a drawback with this screen size: the pixel density is approximately 326 ppi at well above 300 ppi - the approximate limit from when the naked eye can not distinguish individual pixels more ,
Typical of smartphones of the upper class, but otherwise with the dual SIM phones relatively rare: the S5 Mini Duos comes with a latest Android Kitkat version - only the Nexus devices running Android 5.0 are further one step. With Android 4.4, also known as "KitKat", the model has the immediate precursor to Android L.
If and when the rollout of the latest version of "Lollipop" is also performed for the S5 Mini Duos, is open. Samsung uses the Android system that is still its user interface "TouchWiz UI", which must be adapted to Android 5.0 initially also. But in principle there is no problem. The changes in the user level are mainly related to the layout, which is somewhat flatter and simpler. The functions to also change the way apps are operated in parallel and how to change them.
While there are the mono-SIM S5 mini one each version and a version without LTE - and individual dealers also offer the S5 Mini Duos with LTE.However, can not find any information on these models in the official distribution countries Little Duos flagship on the respective Samsung websites. When buying so you should look very carefully and to be sure ask the respective dealer whether it is indeed an LTE smartphone.Readers have informed us that so declared phones have been found after delivery than regular 3G smartphones.
The Galaxy S5 Mini Duos is IP67-certified to IEC 60529, which means it is splash-proof and can even be temporarily submerged. Normal rain so he will not mind.
However, for a smart phone with dual SIM, the browsing speed of the 3G version (up to 42 Mbit / s via HSPA +) a very good value - but the version with 4G support would be a real feature, because there are currently only a few dual- SIM phones with LTE . The maximum surfing speed is the way in the 3G version available exclusively to SIM1, SIM2 has only 2G in the standards GPRS / EDGE.
Heart rate monitor, fingerprint sensor & Co
The equipment is located at the highest level: In addition to the usual sensors for acceleration, brightness and the like provides the duo also highlights the current generation of S5 and S5 mini: a heart rate monitor (on the back of the phone) and a fingerprint sensor.
The enclosure is also otherwise what one knows of the mono-SIM Version: material properties and protection against humidity correspond - therefore the IP67 certification has the duo version as well.
As a member of the latest generation smartphone from Samsung S5 Mini Duos is compatible with the various current Smartwear gadgets of the brand, including a Gear SmartWatch or the Gear Fit Armband.
Galaxy S5 mini: Test Result
Overall, the smaller flagship offers excellent performance at a significantly reduced price. Unlike nor its predecessors Samsung has in this generation actually built a technique in "mini" which is similar to the high-end model approximately. While earlier versions were called "S mini", but had the equipment mainly from the middle class segment.
Up on the second SIM slot there are virtually no differences from the S5 mini. To get an idea of the basic qualities of the duo, therefore also helps to look at the reviews of officially available in Germany single-SIM variant (as of 22/11/2014).
- Chip: "very good (94.9%)", number 22 of 138 phones
- called "good (1.86)", unranked: Computer image
- connect: "good" (404/500 points), 19th place of 264 mobile phones
- inside-handy.de: "1027112 points", place 2 of 50 phones
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Duos SM-G800H / DS
- OS: Android 4.4.4 (KitKat)
- Interface: TouchWiz UI
- Screen size: 4.5 inches
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels (HD)
- Pixel density (approximately) 326 ppi
- Type: Capacitive Super AMOLED (S Amoled) Touchscreen
- Protection: Gorilla Glass
- 8.0 megapixel back camera (autofocus, LED flash, HDR, Panorama function)
- 2.1 megapixel front camera
- light sensor
- proximity sensor
- fingerprint sensor
- Heart rate Monitors
Memory and processor
- 1.4GHz quad-core processor (Cortex-A7 / Exynos 3 Quad 3470)
- Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
- Internal memory: 16 GB
- External Memory: microSDHC slot (for memory cards up to 64GB)
Mobile & Wireless Connections
- SIM card format: 2 x Micro SIM
- Dual SIM Standby (1 reception / transmission unit for both SIM cards)
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE - frequencies: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz - SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA + - frequencies: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz - only SIM1
- 4G: no LTE
- Surf Speed: max. 42 Mbit / s or 21.1 Mbit / s download (figures differ from), max. 5.76 Mbit / s upload
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, EDR, LE, apt-X
- WLAN 802.11a / b / g / n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Infrared Port
Battery & Runtime
- Capacity: 2100mAh
- Battery Type: Li-Ion, exchangeable
- Talk time: Up to 16 h (3G) (lt Manufacturer.)
- Music playback: Up to 63 h (according to the manufacturer.)
Housing, measurement and weight
- 13.1 x 6.48 x 0.91 cm
- 118 g
- IP67 certified, ie the manufacturer of protection against dust (dust-tight) and against water during temporary immersion (up to 1 meter and 30 minutes duration)