- Android 6.0
- 5.5 inch inch display, 2560 x 1440 pixels
- LTE, HSDPA +, UMTS
- Octa-core Exynos 8890 processor (4x 2.3 + 4x 1.6 GHz)
displayThe 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display is of course the highlight of the S7 edge. The rounded sides were already unique predecessor and have the test lost none of its flair. The biggest advantage in our opinion is not at all times to allow the possibility of additional information display side. But the S7 edge can better access, because the fingers need only enclose a flat frame. This affects the relatively large housing in test handier than models with normal (upright running) side. Benefits can be the double curved screen edges actually three ways: As Seitenbildschirn, as a shortcut as apps and contacts, as well as a light signal for incoming calls.
- Lateral auxiliary display: View the rounding can be special strips einblendem that display as missed calls or short-News. Since the function in Prinip only when S7 edge (and the corresponding version of its predecessorSamsung Galaxy S6 Duos are), you load it easiest downloaded from the Samsung App Store. The pre-installed on your phone anyway. Can dock these additional rails either left or right - but not on both sides at the same time ..
- As quick access to various applications and functions can be docked on Screen Drand a tab left or right. The height and position is regulated by drawing, the width is always only a few pixels. So it does not interfere with the normal use. Taking it to display the middle, it shows eg favorite apps, speed dial buttons for free linkable contacts, the weather or anything else. Similarly, so as widgets, only to disappear in the side plate.Taking several times towards the center, you can also browse through several of these "widgets".
- Finally: you shall be S7 edge with the back upwards and then a call comes in - you can side seen from the color, whether a pre-determined "VIP" contact logs. Five different colors can be assigned. Whether it really worth it and what the benefits are?S7 edge dual SIM test we have seen no real advantage, but everyone uses his smartphone so slightly different.
Performance: Different chip setsThe S7 Edge appears as the flat flagship version of the Samsung dual SIM phones for different markets with a slightly different technique here.This applies particularly to the processor. Without that one would find a special power deviation, this part with a quad-core processor from Qualcomm (Snapdragon 820) and partly equipped with the in-house Exynos octa-core chipset. Because the S7 Edge duo is available to start only by import, you can therefore buy both versions. These differ even in individual wireless frequencies, but relate these deviations anyway not the German networks - they are fully supported by all construction methods mentioned here. If this detail is important, look at each merchant on the model number, please see the comparison chart.
|Samsung Galaxy S7 model number||S7 Edge duo G935FD||S7 Edge Duos G9350||S7 Edge (single SIM) G935|
|4G (LTE) 3G (UMTS, HSPA +) 2G (GSM, GPRS, EDGE)||all dt. frequencies||all dt. frequencies||all dt. frequencies|
|processor||Exynos 8890 Octa-Core||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad-core||Exynos 8890 Octa-Core|
|clock speed||4x 2.3GHz 4x 1.6 GHz||2x 2.15 GHz 2x 1.6GHz||4x 2.3GHz 4x 1.6 GHz|
ConclusionWith the new generation we have a clearer demarcation between S7 and S7 Edge, also in duo version. Because the flat variant one decides automatically for 5.1-inch screen, with the doubly curved screen always also 5.5 inches diagonally. In terms of performance, there are between two sizes, little variation. And also the question whether one or two SIM slots are present, otherwise means no technical differences. It is in all variations by outstanding performance, very high quality and extremely well-equipped smartphones. So you can make all of their own taste or requirements depending the decision for or against the Edge duo version. The larger display area and the dual-edge-form but you pay a premium, which compared to the "normal" Samsung flagship again represents about 100 euro itself.
- Excellent performance values
- Very persistent Battery
- All German mobile frequencies
- High price
Technology and mobile Details
|Display / Screen size||5.7 inch Super AMOLED display WQHD|
|resolution||2560 x 1440 pixels, 518 ppi|
|operating system||announced Android 6.0 update to 7.0 ()|
|main camera||12.0 megapixels|
|front camera||5 megapixel|
|SIM 1||Nano SIM|
|SIM 2||Nano SIM|
|transmission standards||LTE, UMTS, GPRS|
|Supported frequencies||LTE / 4G: 800/1800/2600 MHz UMTS / 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz GSM / 2G: 1900 MHz|
|processor||Octa-Core 2.15 GHz|
|memory||4 GB of RAM 64 GB of internal memory|
|battery pack||3500 mAh|
|Dimensions||15.35 x 7.39 x 0.79 cm|