- Android 4.4
- 5.1 "display, 1920 × 1080 pixels, 432 ppi
- LTE, HSDPA, UMTS, WLAN
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor
- Buy online from € 450.00
displayWith 5.1 "and full HD the S5 Duos is display at the highest level. No wonder, because ultimately Samsung has its Smartphone Reference S5 simply equipped with a second SIM slot. The extremely high contrast and brilliant Super AMOLED display has 432 ppi on so fine that you already can not detect more pixels to the human eye. Under the microscope can contrast nicely realize that the image reproduction over the S4 has further increased.
Mobile Internet: S5 Duos with LTEMeanwhile, a new model generation has already appeared, which supports the LTE standard. Therefore, one should pay attention when buying, that you actually ordered the latest version:
- The first version S5 duo had the product name "SM-G9009D". It supports a maximum HSPA + with 42 Mbit / s
- The new model with LTE has the suffix "SM G900FD" - also write the merchant usually means that it is the LTE version.
Galaxy S5 Comparison
|Galaxy S5||Galaxy S5 Duos SM-G900FD (LTE)||Galaxy S5 Duos SM-G9009D (3G)|
|SIM cards||1x Micro SIM||2x micro SIM||2x micro SIM|
|LTE speed, LTE frequencies||Max. 150 Mbit / s, 800/1800/2600 MHz||Max. 150 Mbit / s, 800/1800/2600 MHz||(No LTE)|
|display||5.1 inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080)|
|OS||Android 4.4.2 KitKat,|
|Camera resolution back||16.0 megapixels|
|Camera resolution forward||2.1 megapixels|
|random access memory||2 GB RAM|
|Internal memory||16 GB or 32 GB|
|External memory (microSD)||Max. 64 GB|
|Processor (CPU)||Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Quad Core (2.5GHz)|
|Graphics chip (GPU)||Adreno 330 GPU|
|Other compounds||HSPA +, UMTS, GPRS, GSM, WLAN, Micro USB, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC|
|battery pack||2800 mAH|
|Online without a contract from||€ 328.00||€ 450.00||-|
|Check Price||Galaxy S5 without contract||Galaxy S5 Duos without contract||not available|
|Price with Contract eg||monthly.||-||-|
|Check Price||Galaxy S5 with Contract||not available||not available|
With a SIM card: Multiple test winner
To get an idea of how well the S5 is in fact, a look at the test scores of the mono-SIM device is worth: This has namely the first place , compared the computer screen no. 12/14 is and has repeatedly received excellent reviews, as a " very good " by connect.de in individual tests.
Dual SIM: What is different, what is the same?Briefly: Almost everything is equal.
- Hardware differences relate solely to the presence of the second SIM slot. The other specifications are the same.
- The operating system is also identical, of course, adds to the control functions for the additional SIM card.
- Universal accessories also fits: with the dimensions and design of the S5 variants and do not differ without dual SIM. This means that the current S5 cell phone cases and more can be purchased for the duo version.
- but import goods can always have deviations for EU goods - so German is often set as the language and the like. For details, see below under "Notes on the official sale and import". Because of these disadvantages, the S5 Duos is not our current winner, although it has convinced us technically more than the HTC One M8 dual.
Insert SIM cardBy removing the back cover and battery, once the two SIM slots are left and once accessible above the battery range.
Accessibility and calls on both SIM cardsThe S5 uses as nearly all the latest equipment so-called standby dual SIM:
- Both phones have the same reception . Unless you just own phone, you can answer a call arrives on SIM1 or SIM2, directly.
- No parallel calls : if one takes on a map a conversation that is not also on the other SIM possible - incoming calls but you do not have to miss (see next point).
- Accessible by call forwarding when a call on the other SIM : one is called during a call on the other SIM card, you can forward the call to the SIM card currently in use. If these other SIM supports the "call waiting", you thus get to the caller. However, you may be charged for forwarding depending on your phone contract.
LTE to SIM1 and SIM2The fact that the new version S5 (G900 FD) LTE support, we have already mentioned above. It is encouraging that this is supposed to work on both SIM cards matching customer reports after - but we could not test this. However, one can only either SIM1 or SIM2 used for the fast transmission standard - one might use the other SIM sure you have the switch setting accordingly. This is done quickly, within seconds the menu is called up, and you need only the desired SIM select.
Supported wireless standardsThe line frequencies of the different countries and regions vary, so straight is important for imported models that they dominate the offices in Germany transmission standards and mobile radio frequencies.For example, supports the otherwise excellent HTC One M8 in its dual SIM version 2 of 3 used herein LTE frequencies. The Galaxy S5 G900FD supports the following standards and frequencies:
- GSM / 2G: DCS1800, PCS1900, GSM850, GSM900
- UMTS / 3G: B5 (850), B2 (1900), B8 (900), B1 (2100)
- LTE / 4G: B5 (850), B2 (1900), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B20 (800), B3 (1800), B1 (2100)