- Android 5.1.1
- 5.7 inch inch display, 2560 x 1440 pixels
- LTE, UMTS, GSM
- Octa-core Exynos 7420 processor 7 (4x 2.1 + 4x 1.5 GHz)
displayThe display with 5.7 inch screen corresponds to the version for a single SIM card. According to highly luminous and brilliant is the reproduction of images, apps and videos. The Dual-SIM device's screen provides a WQHD -resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels , which corresponds to four times the HD.
Despite the large display area the individual pixels are so so small and so close together arranged that one can not distinguish individual pixels more with the best intentions. The presentation is characterized outstanding exactly, gradients acting in Galaxy Note 5 Test impressive course.
The high precision is noticeable when using the S-Pen works. The accuracy of how to deal with the digital pen can draw and write on the screen is very good. If you do not need the S-Pen, you can push it fully in the slot in the frame.
operating systemThe grade 5 Duos runs on Android 5.1.1 , adds to the Samsung TouchWiz user interface typical. The operation of the dual-SIM variant is almost unchanged compared to the "simple" version. Additions are of course more menu items to manage the two SIM cards. So you can under "Settings", but also through various options in "Phone", etc. up, whether certain actions must always be carried with a special SIM (phone), which ring tones are used, and the like.
designExternally the corresponding note 5 Duos except the slightly widened SIM Tray variant sold in Germany. In pragmatic terms, the design of questions of taste is quite apart, very successful.
- The display takes about three quarters of the front one, the frame thus falls compared to other smartphones made very low. So the phablet is despite the large screen still good in a (large) hand.
- Very successful is the flat construction . A mere 7.6mm high falls from the thickest point. And although a large battery is installed with 3000 mAh capacity.
- The materials and workmanship are very high quality - one can at the called price but also demand. Disadvantage of metal Unibody : the battery does not alternate.
cameraFor snapshots, the grade 5 Duos camera is over-qualified. With 15.9 megapixels on the back and 5 megapixels for selfies can use the phablet simultaneously as a camera replacement. Per LED flash and thanks to good light sensitivity also succeed in shooting something bad conditions.
Mobile Internet and network frequenciesHere is the only difficulty, if you want to order the score 5 Duos. The mobile Internet , although itself works wonderfully, especially thanks to LTE also very high transmission speeds are possible. The Galaxy Note 5 with dual SIM but does not support all versions of all three usual here LTE bands . Therefore, one must be careful when buying, if it is important to it. The grade 5 Duos supports ...
- in the model name N920CD all available in Germany mobile frequencies: 2G (GMS / GPRS), 3G (UMTS / HSPA) or 4G (LTE) to function normally.
- in the model designation N9200 or N9208 almost all frequencies except for LTE Band 800MHz, which is used in rural areas behind areas. The other two bands (1800 and 2600 MHz), however, work well on these devices, as well as 2G and 3G are not a problem.
SIM slotsIt requires that for each slot nano-SIM format. If one uses a larger SIM, you should replace them. Although it is also possible to cut the small card, but the nano-SIM is also thinner. But this has caused problems in the test for other models, as the tray and the slots are designed very flat.
- Very large, ultra high-resolution display
- Easy to use with S-Pen (pen)
- Powerful processor + large memory
- High price
- Full support LTE model only version N920CD
Technology and mobile Details
|Display / Screen size||5.7 inch Super AMOLED display WQHD|
|resolution||2560 x 1440 pixels, 518 ppi|
|operating system||announced Android 6.0 update to 7.0 ()|
|main camera||12.0 megapixels|
|front camera||5 megapixel|
|SIM 1||Nano SIM|
|SIM 2||Nano SIM|
|transmission standards||LTE, UMTS, GPRS|
|Supported frequencies||LTE / 4G: 800/1800/2600 MHz UMTS / 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz GSM / 2G: 1900 MHz|
|processor||Octa-Core 2.15 GHz|
|memory||4 GB of RAM 64 GB of internal memory|
|battery pack||3500 mAh|
|Dimensions||15.35 x 7.39 x 0.79 cm|