- Android 7.0
- 5.7 inch inch display, 2560 x 1440 pixels
- LTE, UMTS, GPRS
- Quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor (2x 2.15 + 2x 1.6 GHz)
displayA huge display at the highest level - and a little extra screen for news and status messages: The V20 stands clearly out from the crowd.
- Hoxe pixel density : The 5.7-inch display, the V20 with Quad HD dissolves. The 2560 x 1440 pixels provide on the large image area that can be seen no more pixels individually. Not even when you hold the device in front the naked eye.
- Tiny but always on : still located above the actual screen is a flat screen with 160 x 1040 pixels image resolution. Here, the mobile displays eg app shortcuts or displays current information. Unlike the side screen of the Galaxy S7 edge Duos (Test) this display is completely separate - and always on. It may display messages so even when the main screen is off.
operating systemThe also called Nougat Android version 7 operating system comes on the LG V20 in combination with LG's own user interface. So you have not the pure Android. Whether this is positive or a negative, depends entirely on your own preference. LG adjusts some, adds features and apps and sets in a design your own look. A first look shows that the combination with the surface LG UX 5.0 as intuitive and logical as the pure Android.For tech fans who want to experience especially the new OS, perhaps a shortcoming. For normal users who want to use the mobile phone functions, especially in everyday life, it should make no difference.
designCurrently, the top smartphones of various same mobile phone manufacturers in the design quite strong. Metal housing, slightly rounded edges and a minimally curved back: The V20 is slightly different way here. Although it is far less visible than older LG models such as LG G4 dual SIM (Test) with its curved screen. But There is at the edges up and down on a silicone / polycarbonate coating. A nice change, especially but also quite shock resistant, so it has several cases of just over 1 meter height coped well in the test according to US military standard.
but unusual is the wide, boxed lens-band on the back, the betont- the multiple-lens Among them is a fingerprint sensor that is very easy to reach with your index finger while holding the phone in the same hand.
In addition, the colors are not common for the phablet flagship. In addition to more sober silver and anthracite can be the LG V20 buy with a maintained in Pink package.On the front of the color can be seen only in a flat band above and below the display, respectively.
cameraThe most striking feature on the V20, in addition to Android 7 clearly its cameras. Even if the new OS will be available for various mobile phones, this equipment is expected to remain for a long time reserved some top models.
- On the back there are two lenses. The main camera has a resolution of 16 megapixels and has a very light-sensitive f / 1.8 aperture. You can bring even in low light still good color values to the sensor chip and reduces noise greatly. In addition, an optical image stabilizer for clear shots makes. When it comes to photos from the area, the second lens is used. Thanks Wide everything records what is at an angle of 135 ° is happening in front of her. This, however, only with 8 megapixels and an f / 2.4 aperture. Especially for poor lighting conditions it is therefore less suitable.
- The Selfiecam still consists of a single lens, but suitable for selfies and Groufies close can also record a wide 120 ° viewing angle. Although the 5 megapixel Frontcam has no ultra high image resolution, but a very good for Selfiecams aperture of f / 1.9. Especially in low light, such as at dusk or at parties, brings the advantages in comparison.
Exception: Despite metal look, you can switch to the LG V20 battery. It thus offers the same unusual advantage as the LG G5.And the mechanism is similar: The V20 also has a special button, with which you can solve the metal back.
The power capacity of 3200 mAh is not exactly outstanding for a 5.7-inch Quad HD screen, but should for about a day, enough even with intensive use. For details results from the first detailed test. However, it hardly contributes daily a spare battery with you to be active longer.
Unfortunately, it is still typical that the energy gradually lose capacity and discharge faster. By then pleased about a replaceable battery. Loaded is übbrigens a USB Type-C port, the 3.0 charges the battery thanks to Quick Charge again relatively quickly.
- 1. Mobile phone with Android 7.0
- Additional wide-angle camera
- Replaceable battery
- Probably no market launch in Germany
- LTE frequencies still un
Technology and mobile Details
|Display / Screen size||5.7 inch Super AMOLED display WQHD|
|resolution||2560 x 1440 pixels, 518 ppi|
|operating system||announced Android 6.0 update to 7.0 ()|
|main camera||12.0 megapixels|
|front camera||5 megapixel|
|SIM 1||Nano SIM|
|SIM 2||Nano SIM|
|transmission standards||LTE, UMTS, GPRS|
|Supported frequencies||LTE / 4G: 800/1800/2600 MHz UMTS / 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz GSM / 2G: 1900 MHz|
|processor||Octa-Core 2.15 GHz|
|memory||4 GB of RAM 64 GB of internal memory|
|battery pack||3500 mAh|
|Dimensions||15.35 x 7.39 x 0.79 cm|