With the Sony Xperia Z5 Dual offers Sony its current flagship also in a version for 2 SIM cards. This dual SIM phone is virtually unknown in Germany, as it is not officially is commercially here. The differences from the single-SIM variant limited to basically complete the additional SIM slot . How well the smartphone in comparison is, to a Xperia Z5 Dual test show. Until the complete results are confirmed, here before the preliminary report.
- Android 5.1.1
- 5.2 inch inch display, 1920 x 1080 pixels
- LTE Cat 6, UMTS, GSM
- Octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor (2.0 / 1.5 GHz)
Xperia Z5 Dual compared
A few months we had the predecessor of Z5 Dual in the test, the Xperia Z3 + (Test) . The model policy was in this generation a bit confusing.For the successor of the Z3 came in some countries as Z4, in other than Z3 + and sometimes even first under the one, then the other name in the trade. With the step of Xperia Z5 the model sequence is normal.
Alternatives other brands are mainly the Galaxy S6 Duos , the LG G4 dual SIM , but also the new Huawei P8 dual SIM . As well, the latest model is compared to similar positioned Super Phones ?
Design and Case
The metal -Body of Z5 Dual comes with the now familiar Xperia design, ie it is very smooth and straight shaped. The margins are however now more rounded than the almost right-angled edges of the previous generations. Although metal housing are becoming more common, the look is still very classy and stands out in comparison. In addition, Sony relies on a glass back which again will act noble. This is certainly a matter of taste, but shows the special effort in the design.
Concrete is a very different advantage of the shell: It is dustproof and protected from freshwater , in the classification of IP68 . What does that mean exactly?
Important for everyday use is that is rain or dust can the Phone harm. Sony allows even explicitly, rinse dirt under a faucet. But is a prerequisite that all closable connection openings slots, connected Cover) are firmly closed.
- but is not recommended by Sony believes that device to keep completely under water or exposing it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or other liquids such as beverages. Incorrect usage may even void the warranty. That’s a little irritating. On the one hand indicates IP68 that the smartphone against permanent submersion should be protected. And secondly, to introduce many Sony stands the flagship in a kind of aquarium full of water just to point out the great protection against moisture.
- More information can be found on the one hand to a corresponding topic page, the Sony here has set up. In addition, another important note: The USB port of the Xperia Z5 has no cover. If water in the port, this must be fully again until completely dry before it can be used for example to charge him again.
Excellent test results for still and video image
On his camera properties Sony has always placed value. Not only that the mark very good before the smartphone time digital cameras has produced. Also in recent years, especially the mobile phones of the Xperia Z-series with their able lenses score. Compared to other smartphones the same price range, the Xperia models were often at the forefront.
- These values are not only subjective, but also clear test to test. In recognized industry standard DxOMark , be measured by the camera and lens quality and rated the single-SIM sibling the Xperia, scored Z5 Dual tested by the mobile camera to date best results for mobile photo and video recordings .
- Especially in low light conditions, the test results are above average, especially the noise is well suppressed.
Technology and mobile Details
|Display / Screen size||5.7 inch Super AMOLED display WQHD|
|resolution||2560 x 1440 pixels, 518 ppi|
|operating system||announced Android 6.0 update to 7.0 ()|
|main camera||12.0 megapixels|
|front camera||5 megapixel|
|SIM 1||Nano SIM|
|SIM 2||Nano SIM|
|transmission standards||LTE, UMTS, GPRS|
|Supported frequencies||LTE / 4G: 800/1800/2600 MHz
UMTS / 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
GSM / 2G: 1900 MHz
|processor||Octa-Core 2.15 GHz|
|memory||4 GB of RAM
64 GB of internal memory
|battery pack||3500 mAh|
|Dimensions||15.35 x 7.39 x 0.79 cm|