Reasonable price despite aluminum body? We have the Samsung Galaxy A3 Duos tested extensively test what you have to give for this great combination per se. Because in the category below 300 euros, the A3 is so lonely furrow under the dual SIM phones . Our conclusion: If the smartphone mainly on high-end optics à la Galaxy S6 (test) or Galaxy A7 and on small format emphasizes – but on LTE and Full-HD can do without, for the A3 Duos a real best buy.
Data for Galaxy A3 Duos: SM A300H / DS
- Android 4.4.4
- 4.5 inch display, 960 x 540 pixels
- Max. 42 Mbit / s, HSPA +, UMTS, GSM
- 1.2GHz Quad Core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, 64bit)
- 1.5 GB of RAM, 16 GB internal, microSD up to 64 GB
- 8.0 Megapixel / 5.0 Megapixel
- 2 x Nano SIM
- Online from € 252.20
Differences between single and dual-SIM?
Interesting will be to what extent the duo from normal Samsung Galaxy A3 differs. But we both also compared against.
One thing first: How it from Samsung ‘s usual, there are things in dimensions and appearance no differences. If we did not have the single-SIM phone in gray, you would have on the back cover to see if the duo Schritfzug printed.
By the way: The exact model for the version with only one SIM card is SM-A300FU that for two cards SM-A300H / DS.
Second SIM card or microSD?
No external differences, although the A3 Duos but must offer two SIM slots? That’s right, pointing at the same time towards a compromise solution. For the second SIM slot is “hybrid”. This means you can do it either for a (nano) SIM card or a microSD use memory card.
This means that you either 2 phones or external memory can be used. Those who want to keep the internal memory free as possible or will have many sound files, games and photos on microSD with him who has a hybrid dual SIM model drawbacks.
On the other hand: online storage , there are more than ample, free of charge, and you can Photos & Co now very comfortably secure in the cloud. Especially for normal use as a cell phone in everyday life is not a problem usually. But that has to judge each according to his own opinion.
No question: Much more practical to have both two SIM slots and a pure microSD slot would. This is also the case with most devices – for example, even with Sony Xperia M2 duo which we test in parallel.
The only structural differences: The tray for the microSD card when A3 Duos (above, right), thanks to the Adicional depression can also be used that is a nano-SIM transverseinserts. With the standard A3 this recess is missing (and of course, in case the appropriate technology for this slot).
Pictured is perhaps more clearly: the top left of the nano-SIM tray for SIM 1 in the SM-A300H. Right of hybrid slot whose tray with an optional microSD (perpendicular) or a 2nd Nano SIM (transverse) can be filled. Among compared the normal A3: Links of nano-SIM holder, the right of classic microSD Tray.
The sound reproduction is carried out with the Galaxy A3 via a single built-in speaker , the leigt on the back right of the camera. Unlike, for example, the sound sensation HTC One M8 (test) the sound is therefore based on the “wrong” side. Nevertheless, even when used on the mobile phone on the back, the sound is still good. For an advantage in this case is that the camera slightly protrudes. This creates a distance between the speaker and the surface, so that the sound significantly better advantage comes as at a resting flat phone.
The image quality of the camera in the Galaxy A3 Duos is good overall. However, they can not keep up with the top cameras in mobile test.Especially when you knipst fast or close-up zooms, we in the test despite autofocus determined often slightly unsharp. Night shots or poor brightness ratios generally are also not for the A3. – If you hold the camera but under normal light conditions calm and photographed landscapes or people, the picture quality reaches 8.0 megapixels – easy to look at photographs in large format. For posts in social networks, the A3 Duos is also top.
- Practical: the camera can also be directly from the lockscreen out start . These offers A3 a camera icon on the Spperbildschirm. By stroking it, the camera app is launched directly. This is very useful for spontaneous photos or videos.
- As usual, you can change a tip between the main and front camera. The quality of selfies is well and shows the progress, have made the front cameras in the past one to two years. When A3 dissolves with 5 megapixels on.
- The fact that the camera on the back in a square about 1 mm projection outwardly projecting, is getting used to. In everyday life test has not affect us, not even in your pocket. In addition, this is apparently a new style element that also marks the S6 and A7.
Speed and heat generation are easy. For all popular apps in the test, the A3 has commanded enough power.Here would at a quite cheap mobile phone with high-quality housing, the hook can be. The 64-bit Qualcommprocessor but with 4x 1.2 GHz comes only at (very) elaborate games to its limits.
Speaking of materials: heat problems or a particularly warmed skin, there was nothing to complain about. Even after prolonged use is the temperature at normal levels. To put the whole thing in concrete figures and to make a comparison, we regularly use the speed test app Antutu. The screenshot shows the major readings .
As usual, Samsung offers the A3 Duos only one physical button on the front, with which one can access the Home screen. To the right is the ” Back ” touch button. The left sensor key opens the list of all currently running apps on. If you hold this button pressed for more, however, the context menu appears.
Specifications for the Galaxy A3 Duos
- Android 4.4.4
- Screen size: 4.5 inches
- Resolution: 960 × 540 pixels
- Type: AMOLED, capacitive touchscreen
- Front / Selfie Camera: 5.0 megapixel image resolution
- Back / Main camera: 8.0 megapixel image resolution, autofocus, LED flash, video with 1080p / 30fps
Mobile & SIM cards
- 2G: Quadband (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) for GSM, GPRS, EDGE
- 3G: Quadband (850/900/1900/2100 MHz) for UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA +
- 4G: LTE is not supported
- Mobile Internet: HSPA + with up to 42 Mbit / s (download) and 5.76 Mbit / s (upload)
- SIM card formats: 2x Nano SIM
- WLAN 802.11b / g / n
- Bluetooth 4.0, ANT +
- Micro-USB 2.0
- 3.5mm jack
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
Processor & Memory
- Clock: 1.20 GHz Quad-Core
- Model: Cortex-A53 / Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410
- Architecture: 64bit
- GPU / GPU: Adreno 306
- Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
- Internal memory: 16 GB, of which 11.3 GB available
- External Memory: microSD slot supporting cards up to 64 GB – only be used if no 2. SIM card is inserted
- Capacity: 1900 mAh, not replaceable
- 130.1 x 65.5 x 6.9 mm
- 110.3 g
Test Conclusion Samsung Galaxy A3 Duos
The A3 duo definitely has the makings of a bestseller within the dual SIM models. Because technically, it has good middle-class quality. On particularly fine image display and LTE must however do without. Annoying only that you have to choose between a 2nd SIM card and a microSD.
But one with a very compact and especially flat smartphone that stands out with a brilliant appearance: Complete aluminum housing – in Matt White in our test device – and round shiny polished metal edges: In this price range, we know of no other listing using this value.
- Aluminium Body
- Compact and flat (6.9 mm)
- Cheap price
- No LTE
- Either 2. SIM or microSD
- No HD Display