The SC 5 is one of the steam cleaners, the ” premium class ” at Kärcher. Although these are slightly more expensive than the devices with lower product numbers (SC 1 to SC 4), but have more performance, features and application possibilities:
- First there are the heat output of 2200 watts and the vapor pressure of 4.2 bar to name. Thus one can also remove heavy dirt on hard surfaces.
- Important for operation is the 2-chamber system , which allows the user, without interrupting the work to refill water.Here you can either fill the filler funnel the 1.5-liter water tank or remove the water tank as a whole from the device and keep it under the tap. It is in any case: the steam cleaner does not need to be turned off.
- The boiler holds 0.5 liters and is supplied automatically by the water tank while working with water.
As with all Kärcher steam cleaners with 2-chamber system is available on the boiler a maintenance closure with apressure relief valve , which in case of a faulty pressure regulator excess water vapor from can escape the boiler. The maintenance closure is also given for the de-scaling is required (see below).
- The SC 5 is a comprehensive control panel equipped. There are displays for ON / OFF, water shortage (red) and heating (green). The central element of the control panel is a selection switch for adjusting the respective steam strength (between 60 and 150 g / min). Via the maximum steam stage addition to this even a so-called. ” VAPOHydro functionuse” is switched on in the steam still hot water. This feature allows for a steam output of 250 g / minute. Thus, the dissolved by steam dirt can easily wash away.
- The steam stage is set for this device on the main control panel. Therefore you need the handle also no selector as in the steam cleaners with lower product numbers. Here operation is simplified because you only have a switch for theParental Control and the actual steam lever has. The child safety lock prevents as with the other Kärcher steam cleaners the release of steam when the steam lever is pressed.
- Facilities include also the following accessories :
- a hand tool,
- a jet nozzle, the front still a round brush can be placed,
- The plugged into one another extension pipes for floor nozzle arise along with the steam hose (2.5 meters) and the extension cable (6 meters) has a maximum range of 9.5 meters.
- a terry cloth cover for the hand tool,
- the floor nozzle with a ground cloth,
- and Kärcher Entkalkersticks.
At the steam outlet can be the way to connect a steam iron, this is however not provided, but must be ordered separately. With a vapor pressure of 4.2 bar and a variable selection of the steam power of SC 5 is one of the most powerful steam cleaners in the private sector. The ” VAPOHydro function “is ideally suited for cleaning heavily soiled surfaces.
The 2-chamber system and the large water tank (1.5 liters) facilitate the use of the SC 5:
- The water in the boiler is already after 3 minutes so far heated that steam can be issued. After the boiler is continuously supplied from the tank with water, so that here the heating is no longer important. Note, however: once the water tank is empty, the control panel display for lights “Water tank empty”. In this state, no steam delivery is possible, it must first be supplied with water from the tank.
- The manufacturer recommends a mixture of 50% distilled and 50% normal tap water. Nevertheless, it is advisable to check the condition of the boiler regularly for limescale. As with the other steam cleaners Kärcher descaling of the boiler is described in detail in the user guide, also it is recommended that the special Entkalkersticks use of Kärcher.
- The accessory is connected as follows:
- to one of the extension tubes, the floor nozzle is attached (ev. provided with the floor cloth)
- for the detail nozzle is available as a round brush attachment,
- sponge cover for hand tool used for cleaning small washable surfaces, showers and mirrors.
Note for cleaning glass surfaces:
For glass surfaces mounted despite the sponge cover Attention: a small distance from the glass surface can not hurt!
The electrical output of the steam cleaner is 2200 Watts , the vapor pressure of 4.2 bar .
The actual energy consumption depends on the selected steam level and the emitted per unit amount of steam. The water tank of the Kärcher SC 5 can be found easily. A low water level by a corresponding warning light on the control panel and an acoustic signal appears.
Safety-of SC 5 is like all Kärcher steam cleaner of well equipped:
- The child safety lock on the handle is a Selbstverständichkeit these but relatively dangerous equipment.
- The pressure relief valve in the maintenance closure of the boiler did we mention as equipment feature.
- If the water tank is empty, the water pump can not fill the boiler and the steam lever is blocked . In addition, the lack of water in the water tank on the control panel by a (red) flashing lamp is displayed simultaneously in a beep.
- In boiler which measures boiler thermostat constantly the temperature and switches the heating elements off when not enough water is available. The steam cleaner overall but remains switched on!
- If both the pressure regulator and the boiler thermostat fails, the switch safety thermostat all the gadget.
For domestic use the Kärcher SC 5 is a particularly high-performance steam cleaner.
Extensive security mechanisms ensure a reliable protection with the housework.
With its 2-chamber system, the electric power of 2200 watts and the water pressure of 4.2 bar is at the SC 5 by a powerful steam cleaner with extensive accessories.
We summarize briefly the essential characteristics of the device together:
- Boiler: 0.5 liters,
- Wasserank: 1.5 liters
- Vapor pressure 4.2 bar
- electric power 2200 Watt,
- Selector switch for steam setting selection on the control panel,
- VAPOHydro function (steam with hot water)
- Indicator lights for heating, water level and mains voltage,
- Maintenance closure with pressure relief valve, overheating protection,
- lots of accessories: Hand tool, detail nozzle, floor nozzle, steam gun,
- simple decalcification with Entkalkersticks.
Here all the information and the test score for Steam Cleaner Model Kärcher SC 5: