Exactly on March 1, 2015 HTC has introduced the HTC One M9. The successor to the HTC One M8 Dual-SIM is expected in March have its launch. A variant for 2 SIM cards may soon follow in the trade. Previously, there had been speculation about the name: Even the code name Hima was in between talking.
Pending all information from MWC in Barcelona, we will update this article gradually.What already for single-SIM M9 fixed, see the details .
- Amenities / Features
- Single- and Dual-SIM variant
- Release / Year
HTC M9: High-End Features
Of course, this device will play in the top smartphone ranks, and after it to the last two top models from the Taiwanese manufacturer – HTC One M7 and M8 respectively also high end dual SIM has given versions, this will obviously also apply to the new flagship. Possibly the new smartphone will be even equipped as standard with 2 SIM slots, more on that below.
Although nothing has been officially confirmed, but more and more leaks penetrate outwards. Presumably, the One M9 / Hima dual SIM has feature
- Screen: With a 5-inch Full HD display (rumors of a 5.2 inch display circulating also, but could also be another mobile version relate) reserves the smartphone’s current size at and does not participate further in the “growth” to “5 + x “inch phablets.
- Cameras: Main camera with 20.7 megapixels, whether a special selfie camera with wide-angle and similar trend functions added, is still unclear. On the reverse appears to HTC from Ultra Pixel concept of M8 to adopt, but its dual camera for retrospective focus seems the successor well maintain. The Ultra Pixel art travels for anscheinen into the front camera, where it could provide for better utilization of the ambient light.
- Operating System: Android Lollipop deemed set, and exactly should the version Android 5.0.2 are used. The OS is as always extended almost certainly to the HTC Sense user interface.
It may give to the smartphone alternatively with Windows Phone and Office. After all, HTC is one of the few manufacturers that Windows Phone handsets have already longer Releases
- Mobile: LTE is, but not as yet in category 4, but in Category 6. This allows up to 300 Mbit / s downloads.
- Processor: After the meantime various Leaks a Snapdragon 810 octa-core indicates the (ARM Cortex A57) + 4x 1.5 GHz (ARM Cortex A53) runs at 4x 2.0GHz.
- Graphics Processor: This probably comes a Adreno 430 GPU used. This should provide a huge optical performance, especially for 3D applications
- Memory: With 3 GB of RAM, the new flagship is far ahead. Meanwhile, one could realize 4GB even, the reaction in the mass appears but from HTC’s vision to be still a little too early for the successor.
- Battery capacity: 2840 mAh there are supposed to be. Our review unit of the current model we get even with intensive use more than one day good. In contrast, the battery puts even 240 mAh on top. However, also increases the power and therefore the fuel consumption. One of the first tasks in M9 test so it will be to measure the runtime.
- Dimensions: 14.43 x 6.94 x 0.956 cm, so in all directions slightly larger than the Galaxy S5 Duos
So we can look forward to a HTC Hima dual SIM, which again has the stuff, the best dual SIM phone to be. After all, the M8 has been for weeks our # 1.
Differences between single and dual-SIM version?
The HTC Hima dual SIM likely – if you go to the previous dual-SIM Super Phones branded – come with specifications for the Taiwan market.
Perhaps the version is equipped for the East Asian market even as standard with 2 SIM slots and not available there as a single-SIM. In similar cases, including the Ascend P7 from Huawei , however, a 1-SIM version was created specifically for Europe. If this is the case, the new 2-SIM Phone will probably like the One M8 shipped worldwide back into the 2-SIM version in Taiwan configuration, while only the single-SIM version has been adapted to the individual national markets.
These specifications are particularly important for the mobile radio frequencies, because the M8 can eg as a dual-SIM LTE mobile only two of the three German LTE use frequencies, which it does not support the used particularly in rural areas 800 MHz frequency. Whether HTC will build each of these regionally optimized variants but also the matching dual SIM model? For the sales of such models are too low in Europe probably.
Meanwhile, although a document has surfaced that is to show the different versions of the Hima, which will come in different countries or regions of the world in the past.
Unboxing in Barcelona
Currently invites HTC at a slightly mysterious event for March 1 a – the date immediately preceding the start of the MWC 2015 and offers itself to draw attention to the new top phone company. Title Release Event: “Utopia in progress”.
Accurate information is the company but nothing. This is, however, in line with the superphone unboxing event of other top brands that have announced their respective new flagship events with ominous possible referrals.
Release: When is the One M9 launch?
The launch of the latest HTC flagship model took place almost immediately after unboxing event. Presumably, HTC is not “deteriorate” want and not let grow longer the interval between conception and launch. So you can expect a launch in March, 2015.
Also for a launch in March speaks: The M8 is then for a year on the market, and a one-year rhythm is now in the Super Phones of the major manufacturers standard.
The dual-SIM variant is possibly out simultaneously, but needed at the last generation even months, until it was officially available in Germany – as it was just not specifically released for the German market. This is to be expected for the new generation also.
Price: How much does the new flagship?
There is no concrete information on the price – either for single or for the dual SIM version. The cost of the contract mobile phones are likely to turn out similar to those of the current models. The original purchase price of the M8 should therefore be a good clue, or about 600 euros.
Matching watch directly on this?
Speaking several models: a completely different product division to the Taiwanese brand also for the first time present in Barcelona: Allegedly own smartwatch in development, with the also let the usual fitness data measured. Partners should be the way Under Armour. Whether there will be other innovations, such as the Watch and the One-successor to exchange with each other? As soon as new information comes, there is an update here.
Technology & details of the HTC One M9
- Android 5.0 with HTC Sense 7
- 5.0 inch, Full HD (1920 × 1080 pixels)
Processor and memory
- 64 Bit Qualcomm® Snapdragon 810 processor
- Octacore with 4 x 2.0 GHz + 4 x 1.5 GHz
- RAM: 3 GB RAM
- Internal memory: 32 GB ROM
- External Memory: microSD ™ up to 128GB
- ambient light
- sensor Hub
- Internal GPS antenna with GLONASS
- Main camera: 20 megapixels, autofocus, BSI sensor, f / 2.2, 27.8 mm lens, 4K video recording
- Selfie Camera: HTC Ultra Pixel, BSI sensor, f / 2.0, 26.8 mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- HTC Boom Sound ™ with Dolby Audio ™
- SIM card format: Nano SIM
- 2G: GSM / GPRS / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G LTE FDD: Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28 TDD: band 38, 40, 41
- Bluetooth 4.1
- WiFi: 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- HDMI MHL 3.0
- 3.5mm stereo audio connector
- Micro-USB 2.0 port (5-pin)
measurements and weight
- 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.61 mm
- 157 g
- Capacity: 2840 mAh
- Talk time: up to 25.4 hours for 2G / 21.7 hours for 3G
- Standby time: up to 391 hours for 2G / 402 hours for 3G