Installing an IP camera
IP cameras offer a wide margin of safety. However, many people despair of the installation, owbohl they are now designed very user friendly and even beginners can handle the configuration automatically in a few steps. Here you can learn how this looks.
- the first step is the preparation of a current connection to couple the camera via Ethernet cable to the private network. Power over Ethernet is supported by some camera models, which are thus independent of a power outlet – via adapter they are powered via the network cable with power.
- now that can install file on the installation CD to be called to set the password.
- then the camera can be accessed directly from the Web browser. To this add the local IP address of a – to find the particular address is in the supplied manual.
- when the IP camera wireless capability is, you can now take from the grid and place at the intended location. They must, of course in the range of the wireless router to be – otherwise a renewed setup process might be necessary.
- After a successful login opens up all sorts of camera functions. So you can see ” Image propertiesSetting” contrast and brightness and adjusting the white balance.
- depending on the selected camera position , the image can be reversed or mirrored. The feature is particularly valuable when the IP camera to hang from the ceiling, for example.
- if the camera has a night vision function has automatic switching, it can optionally be enabled or reset.
- Two options are available: either the camera registers specifically motions or she provides continuous imagery.
- There are cameras that can be set to an audio signal having a selected volume. They then provide individual case email alerts with video clips or images. Therefore it is necessary that in the configuration software SMTP and POP3 addresses specify the respective e-mail server.
- potential problems with the motion detection: So can trigger lots of unnecessary e-mail notifications ongoing cats or jiggling branches of trees from the perspective of the camera in the worst case. The encountered with the setting of the sensitivity of the associated motion – as its commitment to the intensity of the motion that that triggers the alarm.
- Moreover, even a very specific region are selected to be excluded from monitoring by the IP camera system.